Intersex People or Disorders of Sex Development (we call it Discriminated and Socially Distanced) are individuals born with anatomy or physiology which differs from contemporary ideals of what constitutes “normal” male and female.
Intersex People are not a third sex, they are just people with a medical problem that needs to be fixed with love, family support and proper counseling
Uday Foundation is devoted to systemic change to end shame, secrecy, and unwanted genital surgeries for children born with an anatomy that someone decided is not standard for male or female. In India DSD is primarily a problem of stigma and trauma, not gender
Project DSD (Discriminated and Socially Distanced) of Uday Foundation is an education, advocacy, campaigning which works on behalf of people with disorders of sex development following aims :
- To educate, inform and campaign in order to remove the shame, secrecy, social prejudice, ignorance and stigmatization which surround DSD conditions.
- Individual counseling of Parents of New Borns & Children with DSD
- Community awareness projects & campaigns
- Information & referral to specialised medical practitioner or hospital
- Answers to your questions through email.
- Financial assistance in treatment.
- Equal right to education, work and social acceptance
Important Topics on Intersex
Intersex Resource and International Support Groups