Our Public Interest Litigation in Delhi High Court to ban junk food and carbonated drinks in the schools and also for its sell within a radius of 500 yards
It is the right time we change the way kids eat in schools. Banning junk food and carbonated drinks in Schools will set new standards for healthy foods that will make our kids feel better, grow better and learn better and it will improve the nutrition quality of school meals and remove junk food from schools.
This PIL is about making sure children have nutritious school lunches and breakfasts every day.
On one hand, children are taught in the classroom about good nutrition and the value of a healthy lifestyle, on the other hand we continue to make junk food available to them. Our children’s eating habits are engrained in them from a young age, so what are we teaching our children? At what cost is it ok for junk food to be available to them at school?
When you have a sumptuous junk meal rich in oil you feel drowsy and fail to concentrate. Over sustained periods of junk food eating, blood circulation drops due to fat accumulation. Lack of vital oxygen, nutrients and proteins particularly can stale your grey (brain) cells temporarily.
- Govt Of Nct Of Delhi
- Ministry Of Human Resources And Development, Govt Of India
- Ministry Of Health And Family Welfare, Govt Of India
- National Commission For Protection Of Child Rights
- Ministry Of Education, Delhi
- To immediately ban junk food & carbonated drinks in schools.
- To initiate measures to discourage the availability of “fast food”, unhygienic food and foods with unhealthy ingredients within 500 yards of the school.
- To further direct respondents to develop a comprehensive school canteen policy, which emphasizes healthy nutrition among school going children
- Ban junk food & carbonated drinks advertisements in media and well as in the television through any means.
Delhi High Court appointed Senior Counsel, Neeraj Kishan Kaul as the amicus curiae in the matter. Neeraj Kishan Kaul has already assisted the Delhi High Court as amicus curiae in a number of matters including matters relating to prevention and cure of dengue, rehabilitation of orphaned minor girl and provision for free medical treatment for the poor patients in hospitals.
- Ban Junk Food and Carbonated Drinks in Schools
- Campaign to Remove Junk Food from Schools in India
- Junk food banned from school canteens in Dubai
- Uday Foundation Impact | Soon Guidelines for Making Available Quality & Safe Food in 8 Lacs Schools for 12 Crore Children
- Junk food’ moms have ‘junk food’ babies